2011-08-26

*** Sidewalk Weekend! *** #62

Sidewalk Rating: Poignant


St. Louis swells out like a gall on the Mississippi River. On the western edge of St. Louis, along with Claton, Kirkwood, Normandy, Webster Groves, is U. City. The Atlantic Ocean is maybe a thousand miles away, the Pacific a greater distance. The Gulf of Mexico is perhaps seven hundred miles away, the Arctic Ocean farther. St. Louis is an island of metropolis in a sea of land. As Moscow is. But a sea of Protestant farmers. Republican small towns. A sea then of mortgaged farms.



[Sidewalk stairs to nowhere on Hamline Avenue, St Paul.]


*** CLICK ON IMAGES FOR LINKS ***


*** ***


*** ***

Squatting laws present a major challenge in ridding someone who illegally possesses a home. Legally, only the homeowner or banks can seek remedies to remove squatters.

And under a loophole, a squatter can gain possession of a home if he or she openly lives in it uninterrupted for 15 years, according to state law.

[fm Detroit News.]


*** ***



*** ***




*** ***


*** ***




*** ***



*** ***


*** ***



*** ***


*** ***




*** ***


*** ***


*** ***


*** ***


*** ***



*** ***


*** ***



*** ***


*** ***



*** ***



*** ***



*** ***



*** ***


*** ***



*** ***



*** ***



*** ***



*** ***



*** ***



*** ***

I’d rather be desensitizing my adolescent mind with violent video games.

I’d rather be spilling my soda.

I’d rather be looking for an exposed light fixture.

I’d rather be punishing myself.

I’d rather be mating for life.

I’d rather be drowning in fruit punch.

I’d rather be feeding my id.

I’d rather be addressing the Australian Parliament about a way to cull the rising kangaroo population.

[fm Tangential.]

*** ***


1 comment:

Mike Hicks said...

Hmm. It'll be interesting to see if the Stadium Village Flats folks carry through with those colored windows.